Hibbing Public Library
The Hibbing Public Library helps everyone succeed by providing technology to access the online world, introducing children to a lifetime of reading and learning, and bringing enjoyment into people's lives.
- Everyone will have free use of the latest technology to access global information and communication.
- Children, their families, and caregivers will have positive experiences that create successful young readers who value lifelong learning.
- People's lives will be energized and enriched through reading, viewing, listening, and sharing.
- We value a welcoming environment for all.
- We value lifelong growth and development.
- We value collaboration with other community organizations.
- We value access to a wide range of resources.
- We value creativity and flexibility in delivering what the community needs within the available budget.
Hibbing Public Library is governed by a seven member Board of Trustees. The Board of Trustees represents the library both to the people of Hibbing and to city officials. The Board of Trustees uses its best efforts to see that adequate funds are obtained for good library service; to promote the best possible use of all library resources in the area, to improve the library, and extend library service to those not previously served.
As of March 31, 2015, all library board positions are vacant. Apply to be a board member.
Members are appointed by the Mayor of Hibbing and serve a term of three years. A person may serve three consecutive terms.
Library Board Minutes will be made available on this website as they are approved.
- Library Manager- Laura
- Library Specialist (Adult Services & Cataloging) - Martine
- Library Specialist (Children's Services) - April
- Library Technician - Helen
- Library Technician - Kate
- Library Technician -
The library also employs four or five students and/or adult workers as Library Aides on a part-time basis. Each summer the library hires one or two college students to work full time as a Summer Interns.
Interested in working at the library? Find information on current city job openings, To read library job descriptions, including Library Aide job descriptions, visit our Position Description page.
Volunteers help the library with programs, keeping things organized and more! Call to find out how you can help. Apply using the Volunteer Policy and Application (PDF).