The City of Hibbing is pleased to provide our employees and their families with a wide range of competitive benefits. Benefits are an important part of your total compensation. You have the flexibility to choose the benefits that are right for you and your family — to keep you physically and financially healthy now and in the future.
- BCBS Enrollment/Change Form
- 2024 BCBS Summary of Benefits & Coverage (SBC)
- 2023 BCBS Summary Plan Document
- In-Network Medical Providers
- BCBS Member Portal
- If you enroll in medical insurance with the City, you will also receive a VEBA account, in which the City will make contribution to help you pay for eligible medical expenses. You will need to create an account online to manage these funds by visiting benefitslogin.wexhealth.com.
- Quick Guide - VEBA
- How to setup an online account
- Online Account Checklist
- WEX - VEBA Employee Portal
- Eligible Medical Expenses
- VEBA Summary Plan Document (SPD) for Active Employees
- Mobile App & How to set up the WEX benefits mobile app @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
The City of Hibbing provides a basic life insurance policy to its employees and eligible retirees through Ochs/MN Life Insurance. We also offer two options for supplemental life insurance policies:
In addition to participation in PERA, the City of Hibbing offers deferred compensation plan options to eligible employees.
- Public Employees Retirement Association (PERA) - Mandatory participation for eligible employees beginning the first day of employment.Member TypeEmployee ContributionEmployer Contribution
Police 5246-8517.70%11.80% Fire 5246-8617.70%11.80% All other Eligible Employees7.50%6.50%
- Deferred Compensation Plans (Voluntary): The City of Hibbing offers its eligible employees three options for deferred compensation plans:
The City automatically enrolls eligible employees to contribute to the Health Care Savings Plan (HCSP) as directed by the bargaining agreement or personnel policy. You will need to choose how your account balance is invested. After you end employment with the City, you may access the funds to reimburse eligible medical expenses incurred by you, your spouse, legal tax dependents, and adult children up to their 26th birthday.
- Children under the age of 26, regardless of student, dependency or marital status;
- Children past the age of 26 who are fully dependent on you for support due to a mental or physical disability (and are indicated as such on your federal tax return). @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
During the year, you cannot make changes to your medical, or Health Care or Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts unless you experience a Qualified Life Event, such as marriage or the birth of a child. If you experience a Qualified Life Event (examples below), you should contact Human Resources within 30 days of the event, or you will have to wait until the next annual open enrollment period to make changes (unless you experience another Qualified Life Event).
Do you have outstanding student loan debt on federal Direct Loans? If so, you may be eligible to participate in the federal Public Sector Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF).
The Public Sector Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF) was established by Congress in 2007 to encourage individuals to work in public service by forgiving the remaining student loan balance of their federal Direct Loans after they have made 120 qualifying payments while employed by a qualifying employer. The City of Hibbing is a qualifying employer.
To participate you must make 120 qualifying monthly payments:
- On a federal Direct Loan
- While employed in full-time paid work for the City of Hibbing or another qualifying employer (or in multiple part-time positions equal to full-time for qualifying employer(s))
- Through one of the following repayment plans:
- Pay As You Earn Repayment Plan (PAYE)
- Revised Pay As You Earn Repayment Plan (REPAYE)
- Income-Based Repayment Plan (IBR)
- Income-Contingent Repayment Plan (ICR)
- 10-year Standard Repayment Plan
- Apply for forgiveness after meeting the above requirements.
Although not required, employees are strongly encouraged to complete an annual Employment Certification for PSLF Form with the City of Hibbing and submit the completed forms to FedLoan Servicing, the U.S. Department of Education’s federal loan servicer for the PSLF Program. FedLoan Servicing can help you track time served and confirm if you are making qualifying PSLF payments.
Contact your student loan servicer(s) to determine if you have qualifying loans and to discuss the best options for you. Additional information is also available at OHE website and at the U.S. Department of Education website Federal Student Aid.
- MN Office of Higher Education: Public Service Loan Forgiveness
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program Factsheet
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness: FAQ
- Employment Certification Form
- Click here for help with questions regarding the Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) Program.