The PBA Enforcement Areas are identified on the City Map
Abandoned property is unlawful and subject to administration fees and tax assessment on the property.
- A notice is sent to owner of abandoned property.
- After 7 days from date of notice, contact the PBA to have the PBA Technician verify that the violation has been taken care of. Call the PBA or fill out this Form.
- Failure to do so will result in an Administrative Offense being issued to the Property Owner and/or Taxpayer.
Declaration of Public Nuisance
This Subd. of City code used to be "Abandoned Motor Vehicles" and has been replaced by "Declaration of Public Nuisance"
What is "Declaration of Public Nuisance"?
The presence, accumulation, or improper storage of abandoned motor vehicles on real property, public streets and highways found to create an unsightly condition tending to reduce the value of real property.
The City will make the necessary arrangements and coordinate resources to remove the following;
- Abandoned Vehicles
- Abandoned Property
- Grass Removal
- The articles will be destroyed, and the salvage value, if any, of such article(s) shall be retained by the City to be applied against the cost of removal and destruction.
- A criminal citation is issued after 28 days of the Administrative Offense being unpaid. The court system handles those fees, they seem to vary case to case.
- The expenses incurred for abatement will be placed upon a lien on the real estate property. The total cost of abatement plus interest will be entered as a special assessment against the property in violation and be collected in the same manner as real estate taxes.
The City of Hibbing Blight Ordinance covers violations and enforcement within the City of Hibbing.
|Blight Violation||Fine Amount|
|Unlawful Storage||Costs associated with clean up shall be a lien upon such real estate.|
|Unsightly Grass or vegetation||$75|
Costs associated with clean up and grass mowing shall be a lien upon such real estate.
|Unlawful Deposit of Garbage||$100|
Payment of Administrative Citation for Blight
- Mail check or money order to Hibbing Police Department
- Drop off payment at Hibbing Police Department
- Online: www.tocite.net/hibbingmn/portal
Hibbing Police Department
1810 12th Ave E.
Hibbing, MN 55746
Make Checks payable to City of Hibbing
Call 218-421-7155 within 7 days of issuance to set up a hearing date to appeal your Administrative Offense.