Friends of the Hibbing Public Library
The Friends of the Hibbing Public Library is a non-profit group that promotes, supports and cooperates with the library in developing services and facilities for the community. The function of this organization shall be limited to charitable and educational purposes within the meaning of Sect. 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code.
- Friends care about libraries and believe in what they represent.
- Friends are interested in promoting their library by improving its role in the community.
- Friends help raise special funds to purchase equipment and materials outside the normal library budget.
- Friends receive gifts, memorials and bequests for library improvements.
The Friends of the Hibbing Library also have a printable version of their new brochure (PDF).
2023 Membership Information
- Seniors and Students - $5
- Individuals - $10
- Family - $15
- Business - $50
- Lifetime Member - $250
All volunteers for the City of Hibbing are subject to a background check. Please complete the application and release form to volunteer for the Friends of the Hibbing Public Library or be a member of the Friends of the Library Board.
Fill out the Library's Volunteer Policy and Application (PDF) and return to the library.
Constitution and Bylaws
The Hibbing Friends of the Library currently has an ongoing book sale for members of the public to choose from. Library patrons leave a donation at the front desk of the library and the funds are used for library programs, events, and special projects.
If you are interested in donating funds or materials that will help benefit the Hibbing Public Library, please contact us at 218-362-5959 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.