Public Utilities Commission - HPUC
- Second and fourth Tuesday each month
- City Hall Council Chambers
401 East 21st Street
|James Bayliss||Coincides with Council Term||218.969.9359|
|Jesse Babich||March 31, 2024||218.208.8775|
|Jeff Hart||March 31, 2024||218.966.6402|
|Julie Sandstede||March 31, 2025||218.969.7009|
|Jeff Stokes||March 31, 2026||218.966.7075|
The Hibbing Public Utilities owns and operates a cogenerating power plant which provides both steam and electricity for distribution to our service area. The Utility also furnishes water and natural gas services to the City of Hibbing proper. We have served the City of Hibbing from our present location since 1919. In 1895 the City Water and Light Department was formed, and 1995 was our 100th year.
The Hibbing Public Utilities has grown with the City of Hibbing since we first came into operation in 1895. Our main concern now, as it was then, is to provide steady, reliable, utility service to the people and businesses of Hibbing.
Built on 100 years of History.
The purpose of the Public Utilities Commission is to develop policy and over see management of the City of Hibbing Public Utility System. The PUC consists of 5 members chosen by the City Council for three year terms. Board Members must be residents of the City of Hibbing.
All boards and commissions are governed by Chapter 2 Section 15 of the City Ordinances.
- Mailing Address: 1902 6th Avenue East, Hibbing, MN 55746
- Plant Address: 1832 6th Avenue East, Hibbing, MN 55746
- Warehouse Delivery: 1716 5th Avenue East, Hibbing, MN 55746
Monday through Friday
7:30 am to 4 pm
- After Hours Emergency 218-262-7720
- Billing Inquiries: 218-262-7734 or 218-262-7730
- Service Department: 218-262-7712
- Customer Meter Reading: 218-262-7710
- Garbage/Sewer Inquiries: 218-262-3486 Ext: 711 or Ext: 713