Become Paid-On-Call Staff
Requirements for Operating as a POC Firefighter
Paid on Call staff are required to be Firefighter 1&2 certified and perform fire response only. POC responds and operates out of Station #2.
You do not have to have Firefighter certifications to apply and be hired. Our staff will train you to become certified.
Minimum Requirements for application are the following;
- High School Diploma or GED/HSED
- Valid driver’s license equivalent to Minnesota Class “D”
- Ability to pass entry level testing and background check
- Reside within 20 minutes of Fire Station No. 2 (11896 Townline Road)
- Ability to pass CPAT physical fitness test within 1 year of employment
- Ability to obtain NFPA 1001 certification or IFSAC equivalent within one year of employment.
- Ability to obtain MN firefighter licensure within one year of employment.
On-call firefighters are required to attend 30% of all activities. This includes training and call response.
Paid on-call Firefighters are required to maintain firefighter licensure and certification.
Paid on-call firefighters are paid an hourly rate for emergency response and training.
All costs associated with obtaining certification, licensure and CPAT are covered by the city.
How do I become a Paid-on-Call Firefighter?
- Complete and submit an online application.
- Firefighter 1 & 2 training/certification (paid by the city & trained by staff upon employment)
- Submit a current CPAT certification or complete CPAT within 1 year of employment
- Maintain a 30% response rate for fire calls and training